Short Story Friday
1. What evidence is there that this story takes place in a wider dystopia?
2. What kind of person do you think Ortega-Mambay is?
3. Is Kim somehow special? Does he possess some kind of powers?
4. What do you suppose is the theme of this story?
5. Do you agree with Levar's take on this story?
"1000 Year Old Ghosts"
"The Paper Menagerie"
Click to set custom HTML
- How is Jack an ordinary kid?
- How does adult Jack himself have trouble believing his childhood?
- What is Laohu?
- In important respects the story is told a second time—from the Mom’s perspective? How does that make the reader circle back and reframe the narrative?
- How is Jack at war with himself?